Thursday, September 15, 2011

Ryan on a Roll

The things that have been coming out of that boy's mouth lately....

I can't even remember all of them even though, when he says something that is cute or brilliant, I think to myself - of say out loud - or Ethan comments, 'I/you need to blog that'.

We were watching part of a movie one evening before bed - 'Babies Day Out' I think.  Anyway, Ryan commented about the baby's 'owners' referring to his parents.  When we asked him about it, he said so nonchalantly, 'you guys are my owners'.  Interesting choice of words?

There are others as well, but none come to mind now that I am 'on the spot', but will blog about it soon (I really need to find an iphone app for blogging so I can do it on the go)

We have our first playdates on Friday!  One right after school at the nearby park and then one at 5:30pm at the same park.  Both with Ethan's classmates.  Very excited for the kids and to get to know the moms.  One of the moms just moved to this area from the city - at least she is new to the school if not the area.  The other lives literally next door to us!  The boys share playmates so well still since they are close in age.  They also have recess and lunch at the same time since the school groups 1st and 2nd grades together for those things, so they are both very friendly with eachother's classmates and often play together at school.

No big plans for the weekend.  We plan to scope out a place for E's birthday party.  I can't believe how slack I have become this year - normally we have a party planned well in advance, but a glance at the calendar nearly gave me a panic attack....I am sure we will find an option, but we only have a few weeks left!

We have to fit in our training as well - for any of you who don't know - David and I registered last weekend for the US Half Marathon in SanFran for Nov 6th!!  It is my first, but David has completed a few.  I have started a separate blog on the training at www.angontherun.blogspot.com if you are interested in following along at home - or joining me in a new or renewed running routine!

No comments: