We knew this past weekend would be packed, but it was so much more than we bargained for. It was Baby Abby's baby naming weekend and tons of family were in from out of town.
Started Friday night with dinner at Granny and Oupa's house for about 50 (it seemed that many if not quite in reality). Then Saturday it was raining most of the day, but they held our soccer games regardless, so we played and sat in drizzle and cold - YUCK!
Going back a bit, Ryan got sick (threw up a few times) after dinner and playing on Friday. He had only eaten salad and green peas and some challah for dinner and then ran around and played outside, so I assumed it was just too much for him. He didn't play soccer on Saturday because of that, but his team did.
Saturday night, we had dinner at Lynne & Matt's and played some games - twister was the best!!! It was two lateish nights in a row (10 or 11pm before we were home). Then Sunday, we had to be at the baby naming ceremony at 11am. It was followed by a brunch and then a gap of about 3 hours then dinner at Mike & Arlene's (Matt's mom and stepdad). We headed home, and I was not feeling well and neither was Ethan. I fell asleep but dragged myself up and out to the dinner, but never made it there....got sick at a gas station bathroom (sorry for the gritty details) on the way, and then spent the next couple hours at David's parent's house while the boys and David were around the corner at dinner. I was SO SICK. Made it home by some miracle without getting sick in the car...but was in the bathroom all night....and shortly after we got home, Ethan joined me!
Remember that David was flying out Monday am (very early) this week versus his usual Sunday night due to the festivities and thank Goodness he did!!! We were pathetic - haven't been that sick in a very long time. The boys both had to miss school on Monday....David made his flight but was a bit sick on the plane and the rest of Monday. The boys and I are fully recovered now (Tuesday)....feeling a bit weak, but mostly better.
It was still a great weekend! I will report back with Abby's Hebrew name when I get the proper spelling, and I have some other family news to share (in a separate post since it deserves its own post!)...but for now, here is a big family photo to share!

No comments:
Post a Comment