Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Feeling like a SAHM

This week REALLY has me feeling like the typical 'stay at home mom'...which, I am in two minds about. I am happy and loving it, but feel so very stereotypical. Guess I want to fill these shoes more than I consciously knew or am willing to admit :)

I am volunteering all week at the school from 8:30-2pm to help with the vision and hearing screening for the 1st and 4th graders. I am actually DOING the vision screening with a $1200 machine which is surprising, but I was trained...and it is a 'screening' and not an eye exam...

Anyway, on top of that, my usual duties...taxi cab (soccer and karate every day plus speech and flu vacs for the boys on Wednesday). Plus, I am helping head up the International Walk to School Day for our school; it's our 4th year to do it, but just my 2nd. The boys and I have made about 20 signs! We do that tomorrow morning at 7:10 am, so we will have to get up a bit earlier to walk!

Then, we have Fall Festival this Friday, which I am NOT on that committee, but I am helping by making things for the bake sale! Have already made chocolate rice krispie treats and regular ones w/m&m's, and I still am planning to make sugar-free brownies, a couple loaves of challah bread, leaf sugar cookies w/icing and mini chocolate croissants...over the course of the week so not all in one day! And, on top of that, I am determined to make healthy meals for us all this week since we all spent the whole weekend eating out. Went grocery shopping at 7:30am this morning and am making roasted chicken breast, salmon, mummy dogs for the boys AND taco night this week!

Just really feeling like Betty homemaker this week and pretty cocky about balancing it all - which is my usual cycle....it's all fun and games until something falls apart or gets sick or hurt....then it's like putting a stick in my well-oiled gears!!!

Heck, I have even managed to get 3 posts to the blog INCLUDING photos AND video in the last 48 hours!!! What stars have aligned this week?!? And how can I keep them here!? AND, we haven't had on the heat OR air in the last week and are so comfortable day and night with just windows open that it is just making me giddy with all the fresh air - maybe I am on a fresh air high?!? Maybe it was a weekend away? Maybe it's hormones? Maybe I am reaping good karma? Who cares?!?

No comments: