Monday, May 17, 2010

Ryan strikes again

Ryan: Did it hurt when you got shot with an arrow?
Me: I didn't get shot with an arrow.
Ryan: Yes you did, did it hurt when daddy shot you with an arrow?
Me: No - I didn't

At this point, I am thinking he was remembering the part in Shrek when Shrek gets shot with an arrow.

Ryan: Yes you did, Daddy shot you with an arrow when you fell in love.

Light bulb - he is confusing cupid's arrow..at this point, I am torn - thinking of how cute it is, the image Ryan has of love and cupid, etc. and on the other hand, getting a visual of David as cupid :)

1 1/2 more days until we are cast free! Can't wait to let that boy have a long bath! We are hosting an ice cream party at his school playground that evening to celebrate and then home and into the bath!!!

Last week of school - mixed feelings. Ryan is done on Thursday, Ethan on Friday, but he gets out early W-F. Friday, I am taking the boys to see the new Shrek movie that afternoon to celebrate a great school year. Is it sad or good that when I mentioned that we would go see it on the opening day that Ethan mentioned that 'we never go see movies new, only at the older movie theater'.

1 comment:

The Cannon Family said...

Great Posts! I love our Blogs. I need to keep up with mine more. I promise to. It seems like the only way to keep up!