Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Magical Mommy Moment

First of all....a BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Alan and Neil!!! Neil, you finally caught up to my age again after a month of being younger than me :) Alan, well you've got quite a while before you have the pleasure of being this age.

Wanted to share a magical mommy moment with you. It is just what every mom hopes to hear AND what I know won't be expressed by my boys for too much longer (once they get a certain age)...so I am savoring it and wanted to share...

Yesterday was a busy day - slightly more busy than usual especially for the boys. Since I have started working (almost a month now!), it has been mostly seamless to the boys. I am with them as normal before and after school; the only part that has changed has been how I spend my time between.

Well yesterday, we had some client meetings, and I had to work a longer day than normal. In preparation for this, I had set up some plans for the boys after school. They had a playdate at a neighbor's house directly after school, and then my dad came over to our house to hang with them afterward for a little while (I got home around 5:30).

The boys and I were hanging out (they were coloring/drawing and I was reading and we were having a snack and talking)....then we started to get ready for bed around 7:30. I was tucking Ethan in his bed, and I said, "I know you had a busy day today...school, playdate, pawpaw's visit...what was your favorite part of the whole day? I bet it was the playdate (he LOVES to play at other kids' houses because of the new-to-him toys)...and he said, 'no, my favorite part of the whole day was spending time with you mommy; I love spending time with you the most of all".

No comments: