Sunday, November 01, 2009

Trick or Treat

What a weekend...I know you hear that from me alot, but this weekend was so ambitious, that I/we didn't even manage to actually make it to all the events we had intended to....we, quite literally collapsed in exhaustion on Friday and Saturday nights.Friday, I volunteered at Ry's school for their Halloween festivities. All the kids wore costumes and went room-to-room for a different activity. It was really cute (imagine 120 four-year-olds in costumes!), but you will have to take my word for it because I forgot my camera!

After school, the boys had karate. Then later that evening, we headed to a neighbor's house for our annual pumpkin carving and chili cook-off. The weather didn't cooperate, but we still managed to have a good time. I do have a couple of photos of that at least thanks to a neighbor. It was actually the first time to carve a pumpkin for all 4 of us! David and I managed to make it to our ripe old ages without ever pulling the guts out of a pumpkin. The boys were so funny because they were so excited...but the minute we opened up the pumpkin, and they saw what was inside, they both refused to even put their hands in to help...I thought they might really get a kick out of getting nice and messy...oh well. It was fun, but a bit over-rated :) Meant to save some seeds to roast but our mess got cleaned up before I could get to it.
before you wonder, what is that on Ryan's neck...it is a Halloween tattoo that he got at school...it looks like a choker and makes him look like a rebel...and he loves it! Said he wanted it to be permanent. Looks like it might be time to have that talk.
After that, I was *suppose* to help David get the boys to bed and then head to Amanda's b-day celebration at a local pub. I won't try to make too many excuses, but it was a crazy week...the weather was cool and wet, I was wiped out! I barely made it into bed. It did help knowing that I would see Amanda the next day on her actual b-day...but still, feel bad!

Saturday started with a brunch at Heathermere. Andrew's parents were in town for Pubfest :), so we all got together there...the boys were so spoiled with all the Halloween goodies from everyone there that they almost didn't need to go trick-or-treating.

After brunch, headed home to prep for our backyard tailgating party for the GA/FL game...but again with the weather putting a damper on our plans. Everyone was stuck in doors....that's not really tailgating...but we had enough food for a small army and good company. The kids had a blast playing with each other (there were probably 10-15 here). UGA lost :(

Not the best night for trick-or-treating...it was much cooler by the end of the day...and it was totally dark by 6:30pm. But, we ventured out in our costumes. Wy was a witch as was Silke, and Wy convinced me to dress up like a beauty queen...I was 'miss marietta' :)

Ethan's costume turned out amazingly!!! I love ideas on the internet...and he got TONS of compliments on it. Ryan was so adorable as a little flying dragon!! Well, see for yourselves! Here is a cute photo of the boys with our neighbors, Noah was a dog (his dog, Pepper), and Ozan was batman. JP also trick-or-treated with us (as an adorable Spiderman), but I don't have a single photo of him...but I am sure his mom/dad have one or two to share as they were taking photos during T-or-Ting, and I only got the ones before an after.
We were actually suppose to go to another neighbor's Halloween Party after trick-or-treating, but by then it was past 8pm, and we were cold, wet and exhausted. We just couldn't make it! We had bbq leftovers, surveyed our candy loot, and said goodbye to the Cannon family...next thing you know, Ethan was asleep on the couch...so, we headed up to bed.

Today, a lower key Sunday. I had a neighborhood board meeting with lots of follow-ups. I have already done 5 loads of laundry with about 10 more to go! David and Ryan are at a b-day party at pump it up.

Welcome November and the sun! It is actually a gorgeous day and the one I wish we had yesterday!

1 comment:

Jen said...

okay, I am exhausted after catching up on the blog. How in the world do you guys manage to get so much done?!