Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Great Flood of '09

It is a first in my lifetime, but Cobb County schools called a 'rain day' today and canceled school! Probably for the best because there are so many roads in the area that are under water, washed out or in one way or another unsafe for driving.
We have received record levels of rainfall in the past few days. I found this photo on facebook and LOVED the irony! It sums up our crazy weather the past few years - all or nothing to say the least!

The boys are enjoying it, but there is no snow to play in :) can't exactly build a 'rain man'
I know that Neil & Stacie's wedding was a few weeks ago, but I wanted to share a great photo and story behind it! The wedding party went to Federal Hill for some outdoor photos, and the photographers were getting a shot of all the guys walking down the street (they call it their 'Reservoir Dogs Shot'...anyway a policeman with a sense of humor happened along, and was all too ready and willing to help out with a photo of Neil up-against-the-car-and spread 'em. The only thing that would have been better than this is if the officer could have been replaced with Stacie dangling the cuffs from her finger while standing over Neil :) Shackled for life my friends!!!
Can't wait to see all the professional photos though because I think they will turn out amazingly.

Today is the official first day of Fall - as my 5 year old pointed out to me! He has been schooling me on the seasons. Since we were rained in all yesterday afternoon/evening and David was in Baton Rouge, the boys and I spent time upstairs with me getting out all their fall/winter clothes. Their closets are now officially transitioned...and they have tons of UGA clothing as well as Halloween shirts!

Amanda and I are going to a special self defense seminar for ladies tonight. It is sponsored by the local radio station and should be fun and informative.

There is a Dinner with Dads event at Addison on Friday, so I suppose David and Ethan will attend that and Ryan and I will have our own little date night. This weekend we have the UGA game on Saturday and Yom Kippur...both VERY important :)

Soon, my first born will turn 6!! He is hosting a party for his class at the Chattahoochee Nature Center (if it's not still flooded by then). We are also going to host a small bbq the following weekend for some neighbors, friends and family. Fun, Fun!!

No comments: