Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Ethan loses 2 teeth!

Wow, have thing ever been busy since school started! Not even sure where to start. Our lives have shifted for better and worse. We are all up much earlier....David and I are up by 6:30 or 6:45 and the boys are up by 7am. This is a big shift from last year when we were up around 9am :) So, of course, our bed time is earlier. The boys are usually in bed by 8:15pm. It is working out pretty well, but our evening (dinner and Y) plans are being curtailed a bit...

I usually leave the house around 7:25 and drop Ethan off in carpool by 7:30am. Our bus comes just before 7am, so that won't really be an option even next year when Ryan will join him at Addison. Ryan and I then head to his school which is all of 5 minutes away with morning traffic :) He is due at school at 7:45am, but can be dropped off starting at 7:35am, and we are usually there by then. It is working out amazing well!

After all my dropping off - I head to the Y and usually get weights or whatever in before the 8:30 - 9:30 spin class...then home to shower, and I start my day! I have been catching up on errands, dr appointments, me-time, etc. I have had lunch with Ethan once already and plan to do so every couple weeks (the food is good and cheap - $2.50! and it is 30 minutes for lunch and about 5 minutes to get there and back - so it's a WIN in my book...bonus: I get to make Ethan REALLY happy, and I know I won't have too many more years when it will be cool to have mom for lunch :)

I am also room mom for Ryan's class and co-room mom for Ethan's class, president of our HOA, and I recently started doing a part-time thing from home....it is basically search engine evaluation through a company affiliated with google. I had to pass this long test which included training...but, I passed and started that last week too. I get to work on my own time line as long as I make the production goals which equates to about 10 - 15 hours a month at a minimum, but you can really work as much as you want beyond that as long as they have the volume of work which is a bit erratic. I will see how it goes. When I saw it posted online, I researched it well to be sure it wasn't a scam, but it doesn't seem to be and of course, I have had to give them nothing aside from a little of my time so far. Point is: I am keeping pretty busy!

Now you know why I haven't updated the blog recently....(see above)....let me do my best to update you a bit!

Ethan lost 2 teeth (both front bottom ones) this past weekend! These were his first teeth lost in a non-accident :), but in total, he is missing 3 now. Speaking of teeth, both boys had dentist appointments this week. Ryan did well as did Ethan, but Ethan has a cavity that will need to be filled...not looking forward to that!

We leave for the wedding on Friday! We have a huge, whirlwind weekend planned...it will be exhausting and exhilarating. It is so nice to share such a happy occasion with such a large group of family and friends! The boys are excited about the flight, the hotel home, the wedding, seeing Neil and Stacie, meeting the other kids that will be there, the food, the cake (mommy's pretty excited about that!)...actually all of it. They are counting the sleeps left until we take off! I am sure I will have a billion photos to share of it all - not sure when I will find time to upload and share them, but I will make a real effort to do so quickly!

Have a wonderful Holiday weekend!

1 comment:

The Cannon Family said...

I hope you have a FABULOUS time this weekend. I'll be thinking of you guys!
wsc