Monday, July 27, 2009

Ryan's Pool Party

We hosted Ryan's 4th birthday party at our neighborhood pool this Sunday. Ryan finally settled on the Transformer theme after vacillating between many options for the past month :) He had a great time at the pool with is friends! Thanks to Alan, I have some photos to prove it! David and I made the actual cake...can you believe that??? We used a recipe for marshmallow fondant that I found online. It turned out ok, but the design I had intended was much more impressive, but I think I had my sights set too high! Didn't matter because for now, Ryan is easy to please and the real hit was the transformer toys on/around the cake!
Other than the party, we had a pretty busy weekend. We went to our neighbor's 60th b-day cookout on Saturday evening, and that was a blast!
This week is pretty low-key. Ethan has his evaluation for kindergarten tomorrow. It will be fun for him! The boys start school in just over 2 weeks now!! Of course, we will be at the Y everyday....I picked up my dress for N&S's wedding which is in just over a month, and it fits very well actually....which is the depressing part...I ordered it to be big and planned to get it altered as needed....mainly so that it would fit the northern region of my body :) The only alterations it needs is shortening....unless I can find a way to grow 3-4 inches :)

No comments: