Sunday, May 31, 2009

The boys and I were in a minor car accident last night. We are all fine as is the other driver which is the important part. We were on our way home from dinner at Sweet Tomatoes in Alpharetta (we had met Lynne, Alyssa and Granny there) on Mansell Road (4 lane road)...we were in the right lane, and the driver in the left decided to move into our lane...we must have been in her blind spot because she came right over into us. She reacted quickly and was able to correct back to her lane, and I reacted quickly and kept us from being pushed into the concrete barrier on the right side (they are doing road work there and there is no shoulder, just a skinny lane and a concrete barrier on the side). Anyway, we pulled over, filed a police report and an hour and half later were on our way home. There isn't much damage, but we were in David's BMW which means that it will be expensive anyway to fix. The other driver rightfully took the blame, so her insurance should cover repairs. The boys thought the whole thing was a nice adventure, and again, Thanks G-d no one was hurt. The impact was on the drivers side, and Ryan was behind me, and I just can't stop thinking about what might have happened....my urge to wrap them in a bubble has just gone off the charts :)

David has been in Biloxi for Neil's bachelor party this weekend; the short reports that I have gotten have been good...can't wait for him to be home tonight and get all the details. My dad, Chris, Amy and Brandon are coming over for dinner in honor of my dad's b-day which was yesterday. We are going to grill out....and put together a resume for Chris and submit apps for jobs while he is here.

The boys and I spent most of Friday at our neighborhood pool with Wynita and JP. Wynita got a sunburn...but the rest of us were nice and protected with SPF 50! It was pretty overcast, but a perfect day to be at the pool, and we were the only ones there most of the time. The boys LOVED playing in the 1ft kiddie pool w/mushroom, so Wy and I actually got to sit an talk a bit. The only thing I hate is that the boys end up with rubbed off skin on their feet and fingers. We used our pool shoes for the first time on Friday, and they helped alot, but Ryan has 5 fingers that are beat up. I hope that improves as the summer goes on and their skin toughens up to resist that. Friday night, Amanda joined us for dinner at Man Make the Fire (it has been forever since we have had that)...and we walk in and they seat us with one of Ethan's classmates from pre-K, Lindsay D. and her mom who teaches at the school. They were with another lady and her child...so the table ended up with 4 kids about the same age and they had a blast! After dinner, Amanda and I put together a new resume for her...if anyone knows any event/convention planning jobs, let me know! ATL only!!

Saturday, we spent the morning at home, the early afternoon at the Y and then headed over to Wy's to play with JP in his little whale pool until it was time to meet Lynne, Marilyn and Alyssa for dinner. It was nice....Ethan really loves to talk to Alyssa, and she is really reacting to him now and just smiles at him. Soon she will be able to 'talk' to him more and crawl...he will love it!

I have also been working on taking photos of and prepping some of our baby things to sell on craigslist and ebay. David finally convinced me to clean out our upstairs storage and get rid of most of our baby things (double stroller, baby gates, swing, bounce seat, etc.). Guess that means that he won that battle - but not the war!!! I told him that it just means we will need all new things when we have our next baby, and he agreed that he would be ok buying new things if/when we have another baby. I can live with that. (and between you and me - David stop reading - there are much better/nicer baby things on the market now anyway :)

Planning a fun week ahead. We are going to head down town to IKEA one day with our neighbor for lunch and then they have a play area for the kids (my two and her one boys) so that we can get some shopping done. We are also going to the water 'park' at another local Y with a friend on Tuesday. We'll probably head down to the Zoo one day and to our pool one day. We also have story time at the library one morning and might head to one of the free movies one morning at our near-by theater. Need to start planning Ryan's birthday party this week too....I think we are going to do a co-party for Ryan and Kate Whitehurst (she turns three on July 1st and Ry is four on the 21st). May as well do a co-party to get a feel for their wedding in about 20 years :)

3 comments:

neild said...

Details from the bachelor party? Come on Ang - you know David's not allowed to share. :)

The Cannon Family said...

OMG! I am so glad that you guys are alright. Thank God!

We had a great time with you guys this weekend. We should do that more!
wsc

Amanda said...

I'm glad you're ok and sad the beemer was blemished. Oh and the Atlanta only jobs for me are Ang's requirement, not mine :)