Regardless, don't have photos yet because my camera managed to get left at home the entire weekend...but will post as soon as people send them to me! NOTE: if you or anyone you know has photos from this past weekend, email them to me NOW!
The weekend was great. We started Friday night with a wonderful dinner at A&A's. I know that I met most/all of Matt's family at their wedding almost 4 years ago, but I swear I don't remember a single one (I blame it on the new baby haze....Ryan was just about 6 weeks old at the time and we were not sleeping at all AND Ethan wasn't even 2 yet - I think that's good enough of an excuse)....anyway, both sets of Matt's parents were here (which of course I remember them, but they have been around a lot over the past 4 years). Matt's step-dad, Mike's children were here (two of the four of them) and then Matt's step-mom, Ani's three son's were in town as well. In case I lost you in all that (now you see what I mean!), then suffice it to say, we were a LARGE group and most importantly, had a WONDERFUL time with them all!
Saturday, we were in Shul early at 9:30am - the boys went to tot Shabbat where they met Ethan's friend from school, Aaron. They had a blast! After services, everyone headed across the street to Cotswold for lunch. The weather was AMAZING. After lunch, the boys and I headed home and David went with some of the family to visit Gran Sirily (she was recently moved to a more intensive care home due to her progressing state). She apparently is settling in nicely though. Then that night, we all descended upon L&M at Vickery for dinner catered by Moe's (can you say YUM!) accompanied by margaritas (double YUM!). Aside from a small poop incident which I won't go into (the poop did not belong to either of my boys just for the record), it was a fab evening!
Sunday, had to be back at Shul for the official baby naming...although the name was announced in services on Saturday, this was just for the family and friends. The aunts and uncles participated in the ritual by going up and lighting a candle and doing a small reading. Alyssa's Hebrew name is Netanyah after great, great grandpa (Benjy's dad) Nathan. If you remember, Ryan is also named after Grandpa 'Sonny' Nathan as his middle name is Nathan and his Hebrew name is Natan.
After the official ritual of the naming, we all were treated to a wonderful spread that was as beautifully displayed as it tasted - I really hope someone(s) got some photos of the spread! Following in the family tradition, Alyssa had her name spelled out in cream cheese! Here is a photo of Ethan (I can't find Ryan's - maybe someone has one!?). But, did find this CUTE photo of the new parents, L&M holding Ethan and Ryan at Ry's bris!
Moving on...another busy week with Passover starting this week (Wed night is our first Seder) and then Easter this weekend. I'll post more about all that soon...and PROMISE to get you some photos of the weekend as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment