Ryan's surgeries - all of them, will be on March 12th. We can live with that. Back to distraction mode so that I don't have to deal with it mentally yet. I try to delay worrying about it until a couple of days before so that I don't go crazy. I am the queen of delayed worry and can usually live in a world of denial quite comfortably.
Anyway, Ryan will be one of three 'people' I love that will be having surgery in March. My dad is having cataract surgery, assuming we can get all the medical clearances he needs to go under general anesthesia. Also, Max will be having his benign tumor removed from his leg. It had started to grow when he still lived with us; at the time, we had it biopsied and it was clear. Well, in the past 3 years it has at least tripled in size, so it's time to remove it.
We need lots of love, wishes and prayers in March...in addition to these surgeries which should all be simple and easy as any surgery can be....it is also the one year anniversary of mom's diagnosis. At this point last year, we still hoped it was just bronchitis even though we suspected it was much worse. All these firsts are so tough, but we keep pushing through and mercifully time marches right along and doesn't linger for the happy or the sad occasions; it's an equal opportunity master of our world adhering strictly to the laws of nature and pausing for no reason for which we are both thankful and curse its existence and often both at the same time.
I am off to Ethan's school now - to make Rice krispie treats, do Rhyming Riddles, Read 'Roll Over' and make Robot tops out of Recycled grocery bags we will Re-use and Re-purpose. TeRRRRRRRific!
No comments:
Post a Comment