Saturday, December 20, 2008

Pre-Holiday Heat Wave

Can you believe the high today in ATL was in the low 70's. It is the middle of December and we are having un-real weather. On top of the high temps, it has been HUMID. It has been raining off and on all week.

Hanukkah starts tomorrow and seems like it will bring cooler temps...tomorrow is a high of 49 degrees. That's a 20+ degree difference in one day! Finally got most of our Hanukkah and Christmas gifts wrapped. I actually need to make one other small shopping run...mainly to Wal-mart...I will do that while the boys are at school on Monday. Most schools are out already for the holidays, but the boys go Monday and Tuesday and are then out until Jan 5th.

We have a hectic two weeks of holidays, visitors and celebrations....starting with my family on Christmas Eve...we are having dinner at our house and exchanging gifts with Chris, Amy, Brandon and dad. Shhh, it's a secret (sort of), but Chris and Amy are getting engaged on Christmas day :) She knows already, so not sure that it is a secret...just feels weird wishing them any congratulations until it is official - so I won't yet.

We will light candles and give the boys small gifts all 8 nights of Hanukkah. Neil and Stacie come to ATL on Christmas day and stay through the 30th. Dawn, Terry and Mayer will be in town around then as well and still trying to work out when/how we will be able to see them - dying to meet Mayer!!! We have Lynne and Matt's baby soiree on the 28th and then we will do our family Hanukkah celebration and gift exchange afterward.

We have lunch with D's family (minus A&A who are visiting Andrew's family in CT for the holidays) on Friday the 26th at Fires of Brazil!!! Ethan has a cooking class on the 29th and we have a meet and greet for Neil and Stacie that evening at Cotswold. No plans for NYE yet, although I am sure we will do something small with friends....and then the UGA bowl game on 1/1 against Michigan State.

I am sure we will fit in a few playdates and some fun family time in there as well. Just trying to stay busy and keep my mind off mom - or the lack of mom. Just a looming weight over all the happiness of the season. I am sure I will feel a tangible relief when this year is officially gone and done...as if a cloud will lift and clear....probably expecting too much, but it would be nice :)

Happy Holidays to all!!

No comments: