Wednesday, December 17, 2008

First Kiss and First Peep in the toilet

The boys and I made a ginger bread house on Monday (or Hexen Haus if you go with the traditional German). It was a kit, so don't get too impressed yet....and you haven't seen the photos yet either :) But, we had a blast doing it, and the boys really enjoyed eating parts of it especially the people (should that concern me?) Photos to come soon!

Ethan was doing his homework last night (they have homework once a week this year) and making a birthday card for his teacher, Ms Susan. Ryan wanted to make me a birthday card...and then this morning, he was looking at the card and told me he wanted me to have a party at Pump It Up and wanted me to have a Despereaux cake (for those that don't know, Despereaux is a new animated movie coming out on Friday - the boys have seen all the previews and want to see it...honestly, on a side not, what is it about rodents that make them so appealing to animators, hollywood and children????) Kudos points if you can name the most beloved rodents of all time (use my coments link).

Ryan has been seriously getting the potty thing the past couple of days...we have had several successes with going 'peep' in the potty! Honestly, it just clicked and he knows the feeling now, but I am sure the bribery with the cooking class helped. See, there is a cooking class after school that he and Ethan want to take - it is 1 hour after school once a week - but you have to be potty trained to participate...so, voila! Will keep you posted, but I may actually be able to stop funding Pampers operations - they may need a gov't bail out now!

The first kiss was Ethan's!!! Apparently at school yesterday, Ridge told Ethan to kiss Haley, but Ethan didn't want to, so Haley just laid one on Ethan (cheek of course). Gotta lova a woman that just takes charge...well, Ethan didn't...I guess he felt a little violated....he told me that he didn't want to be kissed at school. Haley told her mom all about it and said that Ethan was her boyfriend. Let's see how it plays out today :) I love this cute, simple drama....lord knows that one day Ethan might be the one stealing kisses - well at the very least, I am sure he won't turn them away so readily. On a side note, Haley is a good catch - she's cute and a GA fan!!!! So, I approve!

Oh, Jen's baby shower this past Saturday was a huge success...if you want to look at a million photos, here's the link.

Well, I am off to Red Cross for a donation. I have lunch with Wy tomorrow and Friday I am volunteering at the preschool for the Hanukkah celebration. All while managing to workout every day (and I have finally added back weight training), and making healthy foods, and keeping up with laundry....so, for a day or two at least, I will feel like Super Mom....I have never been very skilled at juggling, so just a matter of time before I will drop something, but hey, enjoy it while it lasts!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My faorite animated rodent is Fifel!