Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Ryan's Ongoing Saga + This Week

Ryan went for his CT scan yesterday morning. We dropped Ethan at school and headed straight there. He did so well WITHOUT being sedated, so we didn't have to deal with any side effects or putting an IV in, etc. I told him it was for his 'picture' and he was very calm and cooperative lying in the MRI machine. The worst part about the whole thing was the poor guy begging and negotiating for something to eat or drink all morning. It's over. He sees the ENT back today - after school, but it shouldn't be too bad if they don't have to scope him - who knows. I guess we will see what he recommends. Ryan is talking much better though, and I could tell that the antibiotics made a big difference, although now that he is off them, the congestion is returning - or maybe he just has one of the colds everyone seems to have???

David and I voted yesterday (David is in town this whole week!) - took him about 20 minutes total, and took me even less....there was NO ONE in front of me at all. So glad we didn't wait in that 4 hour line last week! So glad the line wasn't 2 hours last week because then we might have waited in it :) So glad the campaigning is over - except that we might have a run off in GA between Jim Martin and Saxby Chambliss. But, we have a new leader who was duly selected and it is time we get behind him and move forward - and hope and pray that regardless of him being our selection or not - that he be good for this country and keep us safe and heal our economy and hopefully not tax us too severly in the process. And we are part of history now!

I was thinking as I was parking to vote yesterday about how old I felt because of how many presidential elections I have voted in. I haven't gone back and checked, but I know it was both Clinton's terms and both Bush's as well - so that's 16 years! And now this one...can that be right? Here's to many more - free elections in this great country in which I will be around to participate!

Other than all that - having a good week. David and I have gotten a few things done around the house and a few errands run. We are taking a defensive driving course tonight and tomorrow night to get a discount on our insurance....6 hours, $30 to save about $30-$40 every 6 month term for 3 years - not a bad deal!

I have lunch with Kristy and Jen tomorrow at Houstons - can't wait for the food or the company! Just wish Dawn could join us! Then, I almost can't even speak [well type] of it because I can hardly wait...I am *finally* using my Spa Day voucher from Mother's Day on Friday - not bad...just 6 months later! I am going to Renew Day Spa for a few hours of pampering. I want to savor every second of it! and hope it is enough to get me through another marathon Saturday - whole weekend really.

We have our last soccer game at 9am...then we are dropping off a bunch of old electronics (a broken monitor, old computer towers, keyboards, etc.) at a recycling event near by. Then Ryan has a joint birthday party to attend at Pump It Up and then the UGA/Kentucky game at 12:30. Then we have date night with Ivy and Ilan Josset that night - can't wait for that part! Then on Sunday - we may try for our first bike ride in a long time (David has been training for his 1/2 marathon). And then Ryan has another party...little social butterfly!

No comments: