Thursday, September 04, 2008

I'll laugh just so I don't cry!

It all started at 2am last night [er, this morning]....Ethan came to my room and was covered in foul-smelling vomit (sorry if too graphic). He seemed fine and just said, half asleep, "mommy, I got dirty on me". I went to his room and found a mess so big and that I knew I could never handle it in the time I was willing to give at 2am, so I changed Ethan's PJs and acquiesced to him climbing into my bed.

This morning, got the boys ready to school and quicky Skyped David's grandparents in SA to wish them a HAPPY ANNIVERSARY and then off to school. As soon as I dropped them off, I had a sense of dread at what awaited me. I went upstairs to tackle it...evaluated what I would need - dust buster, rags, hot water, lots of laundry to be done....I turned on the hot water in the boys' bathroom as it takes quite a while to heat up and proceeded downstairs to gather supplies. Returned and began cleaning and stripping the bed. But something seemed wrong, I heard dripping in the bathroom....looked over and saw the entire counter and tile floor covered in water and the water now running onto the carpeted floor of the bedroom. I ran over and saw that the basin was closed by its stopper (the cleaners must have left them closed and we rarely use their bathroom). So, now, another mess to add to my list to clean. I just can't win.

As I type this now, I am on my 2nd load of laundry and have used the carpet shampooer to clean up most of the water on the carpet. Thank goodness I had our new mattress covered in a plastic cover under the plush mattress cover so that was protected. I did, however, in what will hopefully be the last folley of the day, stain my white shirt with a wet, red pillowcase as I carried them downstairs. I hope it will all wash out in the laundry and will all be restored to normal very soon.

Well, I do know that this is not the end of the world - my mood is such that it is really just a mild annoyance with the delay (I had planned to work out, shower and grocery shop while the boys are at school today - now we will see what I can manage).

No comments: