Second week of school, and we are definitely settling in. I have more doctor-free time this week than last, but I also have a list of chores to get done (oil change, hair cut, etc.) Eventually, I will have some free time :)
We had a packed-with-fun weekend. Dawn and Terry were in town for their baby shower, and the gang came to our house on Friday evening. The Whitehurst family, the Pope family, Dawn & Terry and us - had 6 kids among us with two more in bellies! It is SO NICE to have grown to such a large group of spouses and kids from just us 4 BFFs!! We grilled out and spent an evening of laughing and fun! The kids LOVED it!
Saturday, I was at the Fickle Pickle most of the day for Dawn's shower while David had quality time with the boys (and his family). The shower was so nice, and Dawn & Terry got loads of nice things for baby Mayer - that's her name - they announced it at the shower, Mayer Lynne Hall. (poor Dawn & Terry - any name they pick will make their baby sound like a college residence bulding) :) Then, Saturday evening we had a birthday party at our neighbor's house for their son, Noah who just turned 4!!! The boys play with Noah all the time, and we are pretty fond of his parents, so we had a blast all evening. It was such a fun summer evening, letting the kids run and play - reminded me of our summers growing up. The weather was perfect!
Sunday we had Ethan's t-ball game, and he did so well! I am kicking myself because I forgot my camera, but this weekend I will get some shots...he is adorable, uhmm, handsome in his green jersey and cap.
This week the boys start a 'sticky fingers' class at the Y on Tuesday afternoons and Ryan has a sports sampler class on Wednesday afternoon at the Y as well. Dad and I have his first and only follow-up with his surgeon, Dr Cooper, on Wednesday.
Ryan has a bit of a cold that is waking him at night...poor guy, but he is hanging in there. We have a busy weekend, with a date night with our neighbors on Saturday and a birthday party and t-ball again on Sunday.
David is in town all week this week, and we plan to enjoy every moment of it! After dinner, David and the boys went outside and played a bit of catch....it is so nice to be like a normal family!
Have a good week!
No comments:
Post a Comment