It was a wonderful vacation and a much needed break, but do we ever need a vacation to recover from our vacation. The kids were going non-stop, but this was the first family vacation where they were both old enough to participate in things.
The place we stayed was nice...it had 3 pools and one was my all time favorite because it was a walk-in pool with little fountains near the entrance - it provide hours of safe water play for the kids while I sat in the shallow water and read my book! HEAVEN! There was also a nice boardwalk out into the bay that lead to the docks and a little restaurant (great food/drinks) and the private beach.
We got some great photos, but I have to charge my camera battery before I can upload them :)
We have to hit the ground running...David worked most of the way home - on phone calls....and has a VERY busy day tomorrow. He will fly out next week, but not until Monday at the earliest because of my dad's heart procedure on Monday.
I have the pre-op with dad in the morning (the lung doctor did clear him for the procedure). We have paperwork, instructions and blood work to get done. We have to be at the hospital (Kennestone) at 7am on Monday. I also have Ethan's pre-K orientation tomorrow afternoon....he is getting pretty excited about going to a new school which makes me less worried about him and Ryan going to a different school.
Tomorrow is Kristy's birthday, so we have plans with the Whitehurst gang for dinner/movie at the park to celebrate! East Cobb park has a huge movie screen that they use for movies under the stars...tomorrow night is favorite - Wizard of Oz. Can't wait!
This weekend....not sure yet. I know we are having all the dads over on Sunday evening for a BBQ, but other than that...and catching up on laundry, unpacking, etc. ...not sure!
Oh, and a little early, but....
~ Happy Birthday Kristy! ~
1 comment:
Welcome home!
Hope your dad's procedure goes well. We'll touch base when we get back in town next week.
wsc
Post a Comment