Today is a tough anniversary of sorts - we lost mom one month ago today.
Sometimes it seems like much longer and sometimes it is so fresh still. I can't believe we managed to survive a whole month without her, but then again, what choice did we have?
We all miss her, especially dad. I look forward to a time when I can remember the good times, but for now, when I remember mom, it is of the Cancer-ladden mom, and that pains me greatly.
If you look at her passing as a pivot point with a month on either side, then I do have to say that the last month has been slightly *easier* for me (if you can use that word) than the month before her death. At least now, I am only dealing with my pain and not wishing I could take hers away. The only consolation of that month was that we still had her in our lives - but it was not *really* her...she was gone - her spark, her energy, her health, her essence was gone well before she left her physical body, a body that betrayed her in the end...
We continue to miss her desperately and feel the heavy weight of this true tragedy every moment of every day!
2 comments:
Those little milestones are tough. I understand what you're saying about the month before being more difficult than the month since, except the fact you still technically had her. Anyway, just checking in again. Take care!
It's tough losing someone you love
so dearly but don't dwell on the negatives embrace the positives like the Love she has for her children and Grandchildren,family and friends whom were blessed just to have known her.It will take time
to replace your mourning her loss to embrassing her memory and remembering what a special person she was.
Love Cousin Darren
Post a Comment