Monday, February 25, 2008

Mom & Dad

Not sure where to start...
My mom's X-rays from last week did not yield good news. The radiologist called this morning and there has been no change which is not particularly good, but I guess to be fair, is not necessarily bad. My mom has finished her antibiotic and isn't feeling much better; she actually ranges from tired, to uncomfortable to downright in pain...has me pretty worried, but hopeful. The game plan is that we have an appointment for a CT Scan on Wednesday. From there we will know a lot more and likely be seeing a pulmonologist. It's the age old proposition - waiting and waiting and testing and waiting...very frustrating and exhausting.

My dad and I went to his pulmonologist appointment today. He had to do a walk test and a breath test. He technically needs to be on home oxygen (pulse-ox was 87 at points!), but in his infinite medical wisdom doesn't feel it is necessary at this point. I am really just trying to find a happy middle ground in dealing with him - for his health and my mental well-being. We just had a really open dialogue with the doctor...and we came to a reasonable agreement today. My dad got a medication that he inhales but only once a day to help control his COPD which according to the test he has it (COPD/Emphysema) to a moderate/severe level. He is also going to have a rescue inhaler for when he is short of breath. We are going to follow-up with them in a month. We still have follow-ups with the hematologist and the cardiologist.

David is technically in town this week, but he is at a corporate team building event in Stone Mountain and then later in the week is conducting a training for his new consultants at a hotel in the Galeria area. So, while he didn't hop on a plane, we still aren't seeing much of him this week!

This weekend we pick up our new grill - we got a fabulous deal on it - it is last year's model so it is 1/2 off!!! Of course, we have to drive to Fayetteville to get it, but a small price to pay for such a big savings.

Ethan is still doing very well at his swim lessons and has started his t-ball. Ryan is talking so well...and is so cute. He is getting very loving, of course, one minute he is hugging and kissing you and the next he is smacking you. The other day, I was getting him out of his car seat and he grabbed my face and said, 'mommy pretty' and it just melted my heart....makes all those not-so-glamorous mommy moments so worthwhile (I think:)

Work is tough - not the actual work part - still enjoy that, but it is tough getting to it....it is pretty low on my priority list these days and I don't like to handle work that way. But with the boys, and my parents and all...on top of all that, my mom is my babysitter for work and I have no backup....she is with the boys all day on Tuesdays so that I can get alot of work done that day, but since she is sick, she hasn't been able to manage both boys for a full day, so I am not getting into the office like I need to. I know that it will all work out in the end, just tough to manage/juggle for now. Of course, I won't even mention how I am managing to work in my workouts....missing those is really getting to me. Well, I won't bore you all any longer...but just wanted you to know that we are all hanging in there....REALLY looking forward to our cruise - we all NEED a vacation!

No comments: