Sunday, November 11, 2007

Go Dawgs!


What a game! Go Dawgs! And those uniforms were powerful! We had a blast watching with some friends and neighbors (and the boys had a blast playing with all their friend!)

Speaking of which, we had our usual busy weekend - started with David working from home on Friday and in an out to the chiro and dentist (I had 'scheduled' an hour window from 2-3pm on his calendar for family time, but it got interupted by a call, but it worked out ok.)...I had a GREAT training session on Friday (lower body). Then we were all off to Vickery for dinner - Matt's mom was in town (his dad was as well but left earlier) in honor of Matt's swearing in to the GA bar! Yeah (again) Matt!

Saturday morning, early and cold, we were out for soccer. Ethan did much better (with the help of a little bribery for a trophy AKA a 'piston cup' for those of you familir with the Cars movie). We only have one more game this coming Saturday and then the soccer season is over for this year...Coach David is pretty happy with that - I am amazed at his level of patience with the whole thing! After soccer, we made a quick grocery run...David wanted snacks/drinks for his weekly travels to Raleigh (he is driving the rest of the year due to the craziness of the airport this time of year) AND we needed munchies for the game. The boys and I had a HUGE birthday party for 5-year-old Hannah (a neighbor) at 2pm....they had horses that the kids got to ride! The boys LOVED it. Then home to David and our guests just at the beginning of the 2nd quarter - already leading! Wonderful, strong victory!

Today, we had a fun family morning in our jammies at home...then to the Y at 12 and back home to shower and pack...and David is gone again already! I sort of know what it must feel like to be a parent with weekend visitation...not good, but better than nothing!

Lots planned for the week and next weekend, but I will fill you in on it all later! I am off to finish laundry and make dinner before Ryan wakes from his much-needed nap!

No comments: