Today was my 10 week goal-point with my trainer....I remember when we set the goals 10 weeks ago, and it seemed like October 10th was so far away, but here it is!
I was pretty bummed out when I weighed and only lost 6lbs - my goal was 10lbs which was one a week. Of course, I had the 2.5 weeks away in South Africa in there...but, then we did my measurements and body fat.
Most of my inches are gone from my bottom half - between .25" and 1" in the calf, upper and lower thigh and hips - my upper body is the same. The good news is that I have lost 3% body fat which equates to about 9lbs of pure fat! The reason that the scale isn't showing it is because I also gained 3lbs of lean muscle mass - and muscle burns 15x's more calories...so that is really good news!
Just a very slow and steady loss/progression which is the right way to do it. And had I not been on this plan who knows if I would have lost anything or even gained during that same period of time.
We also set my next goals for the next 10 weeks ending on 12/19 - very similar goals...to lose 10lbs (shoot for 10 but no less than 6) and 2.5% - 3% body fat and various inches. I am finally starting to feel stronger in my upper body; I was VERY weak there in the beginning. My biggest challenge is just the eating - I need to stick to my strict diet! It is a battle...but I will start 2008 off well if I can make these goals!
I have decided to take my health journey off this blog and give it one of its own...for many reasons...alot of you tune in here to get updates on our family (aka the boys)...and also because I want to give it the 'project' status it deserves...I don't want to rant on here daily about it, but to be successful I do need to become obsessed with it...so, feel free to read it there or I will be fine if no one ever goes there - I am convinced it will be useful for me, and that is enough to make it worthwhile. The link will be in my friends and family list and it is also here
No comments:
Post a Comment