Sunday, October 14, 2007

A-little-bit-of-everything Weekend


First of all - a BIG CONGRATULATIONS to Neil who ran his first Half Marathon on Saturday! What an accomplishment! He finished in 2 hours 18 minutes. Honestly, can you even imagine running for over 2 hours straight?

Our weekend...Starting on Friday...David and I took the boys to school and then I headed to my training session and David to a business lunch. We later went to dinner at Cotswold with some family friends. The boys spent the night there, so we got them settled into bed and waited for them to settle down...and headed home alone at about 10pm.
Got up early Saturday morning to go to our first 5K together (my first ever) at Marietta Square for Make A Wish. It went well...David finished in about 26 minutes and me in about 40. Then we rushed home, changed clothes and met the boys at Ethan's soccer game which was also photo day. Then we headed home and got some things done there...and then the boys and I had a nap while David watched football. David and I had dinner plans at the Blumberg's home - they hosted a parents dinner there...and it was so nice to meet alot of the other parents, but we didn't get home until 10:30pm.
Then today, Sunday...Laundry all morning...David and I had appointments to give blood at B'nai Torah at 12:30...but David is finishing up his detox and isn't feeling well as he is on a non-food day...so, he was going to drop me there and head across the street to his parent's house...only when he pulled up, I realized that I had left my purse in the garage...I couldn't carry everything and forgot to go back and get it...so, I didn't have a photo ID and couldn't donate either, so we just had lunch at Cotswold and headed back to meet the Whitehurst Family for our annual trip to the pumpkin patch...(see photos below & click on any photo for more) - on a side note, David and I will have to go donate blood at the blood center next week sometime. Later today, David will fly out to Raleigh; he returns on Wed night just in time to leave for our trip to Boston/New Hampshire on Thursday.

No comments: