Ryan and I left our house at 6am this morning - it was so sweet, he was barely awake and kept asking for Ethan (tsee tsan). We got to Children's Health Care in Sandy Springs around 6:45. Everything went smoothly, and I kind of knew what to expect since we had done the same thing at the same place a few months ago.
We signed in, waited about 15 minutes to register. Then I took Ryan to the bathroom to change him out of his jammies, and by the time we got back they were looking for us for his vitals...then we went immediately into our pre-op room. The anesthesia NP came in with some questions, then the nurse then a small wait (20 minutes or so)...then a small snag. Our Dr was held up by a surgery that he had to move to the hospital across the road and would be at least 30 minutes late. At that point we were about 5 minutes from our surgery time of 8:15am, but Ryan was playing happily, so we were fine. About 45 minutes later, the dr himself comes in to apologize and say that we will be getting started soon...they come to get us at 9:10. I go back to the OR with him, and hold onto him until his anesthesia kicks in. Then I go to the post-op room.
I get in the room, call my mom and D's mom to update them, then go to the bathroom where I start thinking of ways to distract myself (a little uneasy at this point without my Ryan)....as I go out of the potty, there is the Dr waiting on me....freaked out for a brief second then he starts to tell me that it went well....by the time I finished talking to him, they are rolling Ryan around the corner to my room. He is still out but his vitals are good, so we let him sleep. I call to update the grandmas again and as I am talking he wakes up. He is a bit disoriented and upset for a few seconds until I pick him up and take the pulse thing off his finger...then he is fine...sips his juice and eats some cookies...and he has been as if nothing happened ever since! I really don't think he knows that they did anything to his eye - it doesn't seem to bother him, he isn't irritable, and has a completely normal, hearty appetite!
We even went for a quick haircut after we came home and picked up MawMaw & Ethan. Now, Pawpaw is over for a visit. I go for my training session in an hour, but I don't have any concerns about leaving him...he is completely normal! Kids are so resilient!
3 comments:
So glad it went well. That Ryan!
Yay Ryan. We are so proud of him for doing so well.
I'm glad Ryan is ok.
Post a Comment