This is the approximate dialogue Ethan and I had this evening. Background = Ethan had his first day at Playroom camp today and loved it but was exhausted this evening.
Ethan: "Mommy, I don't want to go to camp tomorrow"
Ethan: "Daddy said I don't have to go to camp tomorrow"
Mommy: "Really, are you sure?"
Ethan: "Yeah, but don't ask him, ok"
Mommy: " Why not"
Ethan: "Because Daddy is silly and he doesn't want to talk about it"
Mommy: Chocking back laughter and hiding my amusement
Ethan: "Promise me you won't ask daddy"
It was hilarious that he was 1) playing us off each other at 3 1/2 (I know I didn't think of that until later in life!) and 2) That he had a reason for everything and was so manipulative!
Like I said, we are IN TROUBLE!
2 comments:
Probably a good time for me to tell you what Ethan did on Sunday. He came into my parents room eating a cookie...
Alan: That looks good - I want one.
Ethan: Yeah - I want another one.
Alan: I don't think that is a good idea, won't Mommy be mad?
Ethan: No, she said it's okay.
Alan: Okay - I'll just go ask her.
Ethan: That's okay, you don't have to ask her. It's fine.
Clever child!
He actually had four cookies, two more than he was authorized to have:)
Post a Comment