Ethan has this new procedure for picking his movies....it goes something like this...
"Mommy, I want to watch a movie"
"ok, which one"
"let me pick"
Then I get down his movie case (we have all his DVDs in a single organizer) He flips through every single page and names all the movies and always, ALWAYS picks the last one....it is too funny. I have gotten to where I have to go back at night and re-arrange some movies so that he isn't watching them all the time.
Ethan also is on a spelling kick....he can't really write yet (doesn't quite have the motor skills to hold a pen, pencil, crayon), but he uses hid magnetic letters on the fridge to spell everything...and he is constantly, asking, "mom, how do you spell....." I know all kids go through that phase, but isn't it usually a little later - he is only 3!
I also found a great way to get him (and maybe other children) to eat salad enthusiastically)...I was using my spray on dressing (one calorie per spray), and Ethan wanted to try it...so, he did, and then proceeded to eat the equivalent of a big salad by spritzing each piece....whatever works!
Ethan is having a busy summer....he has a science camp next week (every day 9-12) and swim lessons at the Y in the afternoons for the next two weeks. Then a week off...then a week of camp at the Playroom with Lauren...then a week off...then back-to-back weeks of camp at the Y again...then a week off...then school starts...we may try to fit in some other swim lessons as well depending on how they go.
Ryan...where to even start with that one....his language skills are growing....he is very opinionated and bossy (wonder where he could have gotten that from!?). He has started calling 'mama' after his naps and when he wakes up in the am...before, he would just hang out there and play until I came to get him - he is also beginning to resist his nap a bit more; he still goes down fine once we get into his room (and I know he still needs a nap) but he doesn't want to leave the fun....he is still sleeping 10-11 hours at night and then 2.5-3 hours during his one nap...Ethan never slept that much.
Ethan has a dentist check-up/cleaning tomorrow am - I hope it goes well. We have been talking about it today and he seems fine with it...but I know tomorrow will be a different story. I scheduled both boys' eye check-ups for early August (they both have issues). I also need to schedule Ryan's 2 year check up for next month! That brings me to Ryan's party....we are hosting an ice cream party for him at a local creamery for a small group of 'his' friends' on the 22nd...can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment