That's right - I got the call today about my labs - culture came back STREP. I went in on Friday and the rapid test came back negative (too early)...but requested a full culture. I KNEW it was strep (the pain is strong and distinct). By Friday night, I decided to start my prescription that I had filled but not needed last month (thought I might have strep but realized it wasn't so never took the meds). It responded well. So the call today was no surprise to me. I will call the ENT tomorrow.
I am so happy - I got my hair highlighted for the first time since D's EMBA program began today...he babysat for the the 3 hours it took and I LOVE IT! We then went out for a quick dinner where 'the man makes the fire' AKA hibachi...I consider it my early Mothers' Day dinner since we won't get to celebrate it on Sunday...and was it ever wonderful!
David got his new work laptop today and is getting it all geared up. His last day is Friday, but most of his transitioning is done, so it is a light week - well at work :) I am keeping him busy with 'honey do' lists and getting ready for the party on Sunday.
The boys and I also had a playdate this morning with a neighbor, Silke and her son, Noah. It was so much fun to catch up with them. Noah is almost 3, so he is just between the boys in age.
All in all, considering, we had a great day....strep or no strep...at this point, I can't put my life on hold everytime I have it (it isn't fair to the boys)...but I am worn out and ready to bath the boys and all go to bed....
2 comments:
You should include a pic of your newly highlighted hair!
I actually just went & got my hair cut & highlighted too. (It hadn't been quite as long for me, but it still was a treat!).
It must be so frustrating to be sick all the time. Hopefully this weekend will help cheer you up! We can't wait to come home...
Post a Comment