



We got home last night after a long day of driving. It was ok, but we had to make several stops. The trip and beach were great and much needed. Everytime I go on a vacation with the boys, I am quickly reminded that a 'vacation' is definitely different with two small children - forget about relaxing or personal activities or doing what you want for that matter; they pretty much run the show. But it was a much needed change from the daily routine and the endless 'to do's'!
Today, we are catching up on some laundry and hopefully getting groceries and getting ourselves back 'together' and in routine. I left my keys in the ignition last night and my battery is dead today as I soon realized once we were loaded in the car - I requested AAA, and we are waiting now.
I have only spoken to David a few, brief times as he is having technical difficulties with his phones, calling cards, etc. and is borrowing from his classmates...but from what I gather they are having lots of fun...they saw Red Square and the Kremlin. I can't believe that he will be home (and truly finished) on Thursday. I am taking down his class calendar that I have been couting down with since the beginning of the program - the symbolic end as far as I am concerned!


No comments:
Post a Comment