Ryan is 20 months old today! I still can't believe it...we moved into this house when Ethan was exactly 19 months old, and on our 2 year anniversary in this house, May 4th (which happens to be my mom's 60th birthday...that just doesn't seem so old anymore :)...anyway, on May 4th, Ryan will be the age (21.5 months) that Ethan was when Ryan was born!!! (I hope that made sense)
Ryan is getting so big too. He has a little vocabulary building (mainly we can understand)...most of his words are related to his favorite things;
Eating/Food:
milk, nak (snack), more, eat, keck (ketchup - he's a dipper), all done
On the go:
Bye, go, ka (car), down
Loved ones:
Mama, da, E (Ethan), ba (brother), mawmaw, gaga (grandy), oupa, pawpaw, dog/woof, bir (bird)
And his favorite - and version of the 'no':
No, Na, Nah
He is also starting to get his body parts down...and he is really good at carrying out two-part commands (I'll tell him it is time to go so turn off tv and get lovie and he will do it all!).
David is finishing up his school stuff...well, there is alot still to do, but just two more weeks of classes...he will be at school all weekend, prepping for finals and even taking one final (you can take it anytime so he is going to get it out of the way on Sunday). Then the following weekend is it! Of course, he still has the 2-week trip to Moscow & Prague in April, but classes will be over and we can begin to get some of our lives back with him.
My mom and I are officially taking the boys to florida (Daytona/Ormond Beach area) for a few days in April while David is on his trip...we are driving down, and I found us some deals for hotels online. We are staying at one for the first two nights and another for two other nights for a total of 4 nights away...which will be perfect. I am excited because both hotels are on the beach, one has a kiddie pool and a heated indoor pool...we should be set to have fun with the boys. Anyone want to join us? I can give you our hotel info and dates and you can book in with us!
Keeping busy as usual - having some playdates, mainly with a family from E's preschool (one of the boys in E's class, his mom and his little sister who is a couple months younger than Ryan)...we have been playing at our houses and might go to the zoo this week. I start back working at the Y in April (W/F mornings)....I hope I don't get sick again.
I have still been working out alot, gardening, reading, and having some activities that I like to do for me....easier said than done, but I manage to fit it in with the boys around mostly and occasionally with help from grandparents, David or a sitter..
No comments:
Post a Comment