Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Road to Recovery

On Monday, after a tough weekend, I went to my doctor and was diagnosed with strep AGAIN! This is my 6th time since last June...I was also diagnosed with a chest wall injury (sounds worse than it is :) basically it is from overexertion - picking up and carrying heavy items (Ethan is 30lbs and Ryan is 25 and the stroller is a ton...and my bags, etc.). Anyway, I am also going for further testing to see if we can get to the underlying cause of all my sicknesses and apparently lowered immune system. I am seeing an ENT (Ear Nose and Throat) specialist tomorrow to get a game plan (hopefully) with the strep...it isn't like I have tonsils to remove (that happened when I was 6), so not sure what they can offer me....I am desperate!

I have been on my meds 2 days now and I already feel 100% better. I was so fatigued and have just, frankly, gotten use to a sore throat and not being able to swallow...it is amazing what the human body will adapt to when necessary.

I am putting my Y work on hold for now and really focusing on getting to my dr apts and searching for a true diagnosis(es) and treatment(s). I do have a suspicion that it is at least partially hormonally based...all the systems of the body are intricately connected, and all my problems began when Ryan was about 10-12 months old, just when I was coming off the hormonal roller coaster or pregnancy and nursing for a total of 3 years!

We will see...but bottom line is that I hope to have alot less activity to report to you starting soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Angela, are you open to alternative treatments and supplements? When my son had strep 3x in 3 months in Kindergarten, we started chiropractic and he has never had a bacterial infection again. There are also certain supplements that help build immunity--things like C, zinc, B complex. And with all the antibiotics you've been on, probiotics are an absolute must. Call or email me if you want to talk about it more, I have lots of suggestions. Suzanne