Hello all - it has been quite a while hasn't it (as some of you have been 'nice' enough to point out :)
Well, as usual, life is hectic, good but hectic...and Ryan and I have been sick for going on two weeks now - just pretty serious colds, but still wiped us out. Last week we celebrated Passover with two very nice Seders at Grandy and Oupa's house. Lynne, Matt and Alan were all in town (did we ever miss uncle Neil!). And we also had Shabbat dinner there on Friday night. Then Sunday we celebrated Easter at our house with my family - got lots of nice new photos to share! We also went on Saturday and got some amazing photos made at the Picture People (not sure if linking will work, but if so, then here is a link to the PP photos).
David is finishing up his 1st term of his EMBA this weekend (actually next week), so it is crunch time, and he is VERY busy right now. He was also out of town in Miami Sunday - Tuesday am.
Can you believe that we have been in our 'new' home for almost a year already??? May 5th is our year anniversary. We are in the midst of doing our 11-month items with our builder right now, and I have to say they are being wonderful about everything! We also had some trees removed today (6 total) in preparation for adding our new playset. I am thrilled with the tree company we used, so let me know if you need a referral. I am also pretty happy with our landscaper, so let me know if you need his info as well!
Since it has been a while - I missed my opportunity at quite a few things so here they are - better late than never!
Happy Birthday to Grandy (Marilyn) for April 11th
Happy Passover and Happy Easter
Also, some VERY big news - another baby for 2006!! Congratulations to Wynita and Lance Cannon - expecting their first bundle of joy around Thanksgiving...we could not be happier or more excited for you!
We got to meet my brother's new 'girlfriend' this weekend, Katie, and her daughter, Dallas. For those of you who don't know, he and Malaika (his former fiance) broke it off a while back.
My friend Paige Roper (from Denver) is off to Germany this week to visit friends - Have a good trip and hope to see you in GA soon! Weather is great - come on in!
Speaking of weather and coming in....looks like they are making real progress with our neighborhood pool...should be nice. I am especially looking forward to the kiddie pool since it is suppose to have a little mushroom fountain - the boys should love it! Even though we have access to an indoor pool at the Y and an outdoor pool at the JCC now :) Figures!
We have replaced our bar that the builder bought back from us due to the infestation (see my previous post about this issue if you need to). We bought some bar shelving from Pottery Barn - we LOVE it (I will take and post pictures soon)...we are also using that money for our playset, so it worked out SO WELL. I will also post pictures of that when we have it all done and ready.
This week:
I LOVE working and being at the Y. I have met some wonderful ladies and children there, and my boys are pretty happy there too...and the facilities are so nice - I love working out there. As a matter of fact, I think the boys and I will be headed back there this evening once the boys wake up from their nap. I do feel a bit relieved once I come home on Wednesdays though because my Tuesdays and Wednesdays are pretty full.
Our day is completely open tomorrow as we did have a playdate scheduled but it fell through. Will likely catch up on laundry and workout in the am and then head to the park or to the Playroom (indoor play place) for some fun...of course, I also have some errands to run. My neighborhood is having a ladies night out tomorrow night which I hope to attend if I can line up a sitter for the boys. Ethan has school again on Friday. He was out today, but had a class playdate - one of the other moms came to pick him up at the Y so that he could participate which was SO NICE!
My baby will be 9 months old on Friday - I CAN NOT believe it....he is crawling so well and cruising on toys, furniture, legs, etc. He is so active and mobile and babbling all the time. He actually plays with Ethan now. He is sleeping through the night most nights now and is almost completely weaned to formula and solids.
We get to see Jennifer (Pope) on Saturday - not sure what we will do yet, but something fun! I did have a sewing class at JoAnn's but it was rescheduled for June...so with David tied up with school, we are wide open for the weekend. We also have a dinner on Saturday night with David's class - they are celebrating the end of the term at one of those belly-dancing, sitting-on-the-floor dining establishments....should be fun.
Well, that about updates you...you are in the know once again!
3 comments:
Okay - it was me! I asked for an update. It goes to show how much I rely and depend on the blog :)
we also wondered about the next blog. Lots to do. we will miss you this afternoon.
love
grandy and Oupa
what are you and my sister up to on Saturday?! :-) I can't believe Ryan is ONLY 8 months older than Teagan and Riordan is only 7 1/2 months older than Ryan!! My goodness! LOL
Post a Comment