Tuesday, March 28, 2006

This week's focus

I am going to be putting out a weekly focus point for my weight loss goal...for those of you who are on this journey as well (or just want to be healthier or more aware of your habits and health) feel free to follow along.

Since this is the first, it will actually be for 2 weeks, but I will try to post new ones regularly...and you can either switch gears completely with each new one or try to build and layer them (this is what I am trying to do - progress not perfection I keep telling myself!)

First focus:

Portion Control

Especially when we eat out, but even at home, our portions are out of control. Typically, there is at least 2 if not 3-5 portions on our plates! This really add up in the calories and fat. We don't even need or want it all, but are far more likely to overeat because it is there in front of us.

So, what is a portion? Here is a guide that we can all keep in mind and some tips from WW on portion control.

Good luck this week!

No comments: