Friday, March 17, 2006

March Madness

No not the basketball - just our household! We aren't into basketball around here, but we have our own brand of March Madness :) AND

Happy St. Patty's Day to ya as well from the O'Dubovsky Clan

The whole family is enjoying the Y. I LOVE working there and have met several new and wonderful people/moms and children, and even better, I LOVE working out there (and so does David), but best yet, both boys really like the nursery! That makes my life so much easier! It really is the best possible situation for all of us right now - goes to show that everything does happen for a reason...we are very lucky and happy.

This has been another busy week for us - aren't they all :), but we have had fun, went to story-time at the Library on Monday and then had a playdate with Bonnie, Joey and Sophie and we all had lunch with Tracy and Kyle afterward...Ethan got a haircut (and so did MawMaw) on Wednesday after school (found a place with $5 haircuts for everyone! Cobb Beauty College). He looks as handsome as ever but so much like a big boy. Ryan is getting his 2nd tooth, and either it is really bothering him or he may have an ear infection. He was awake alot last night and has had a fever for the past two days along with some extra crying and crankiness - you can just see in his face and body language that he isn't feeling well. We have been using tylenol and oragel, but we are also going to the dr this afternoon to just have him checked out based on last night's higher temp of 102.1. I am sure he is fine.

This weekend...Saturday morning, I have my CPR class at the Y, and David has a group meeting for school on Saturday morning...Grandy and Oupa are going to hang out with the boys...then David and I will likely take our taxes to be reviewed at H&R Block(I prepared them on turbotax, but they are so complicated with the house sell and purchase and vehicle sale and purchase both having been used for business purposes in the past). The good news is that we are almost done with the overly complicated filing process - our returns for state and federal are 61 pages!...but that is just because we 'gave' the gov't so @!%# much money all during 2005 -> have I mentioned that we need a better tax system? Then we have a birthday party to attend in the afternoon, for Miss Maddie Moore at a fun indoor play place called The Playroom - can't wait.

Then Sunday, we are giving blood at B'nai Torah; David and I have been participating in their blood drives because we really feel that it is super important to donate blood if you are elibible to do so ever since our experience with Ryan in the NICU (for those of you who don't know, he desperately needed blood and time was of the essence, and it was tough for them to find it which had us really worried for a while). So, please consider donating if you can - to find a blood drive or donation site go to www.givelife.org. We will likely have a nice lunch with Grandy and Oupa afterward and then head home for naps. David is flying out in the evening - headed to DC again for a few days. He has plans to have dinner on Monday night with Neil and Alan.

Next Week...
My mom will likely be here Monday night and Tuesday and depending on the weather we may head to the Zoo with the boys since we have an annual pass there now as well. Speaking of which, I have posted some new photos of the boys - some at the Zoo and some on a visit to Bouba Sirily...you can see them here. Working at the Y on Tuesday and Wednesday. Ethan has school on Wednesday and Friday. My friend, Heather Malloy, is due with her 3rd child and 1st daughter on Tuesday (or any other time she feels like making her debut), and Lance Cannon's Birthday is on Thursday. Oh, and we tentatively have a playdate with Jennifer and Bradley on Thursday as well.

Accomplishments for the week:
I managed to work out all but one day and that was Monday. I also resisted the urge to eat Ethan's fries yesterday and just stuck to my salad at Wendys - YEAH me! We have eaten at home and very healthy every single night this week...we will see if it all pays off when I weigh-in tomorrow am. I went to yoga class for the first time this morning, was a bit intimidated, but was enjoying it....the instructor is so GOOD - and had us breathing and guiding us to 'let all the stress go', etc. Well, out of the blue, I started to cry...so weird and odd...so, then my pager goes off (they give you pagers when you drop your child off in the nursery in case they need you)...and that was embarrassing! My pager disturbed the whole meditating class, and I had to go get Ryan and miss the class as we were only about 2 minutes in....oh, well, next week! And almost everyone there is moms so they all understand. I think this Yoga class could very well change my life!! and I am so looking forward to it!

I will likely be adding some new counters to the Blog - one for our vacation to Jamaica in June and at least one if not two to track mine (and David's) weight loss...we both want to lose at least 20lbs by our trip! Please send us weight loss vibes - we would love your support!

Time to go get Ethan at school - we get to do the Shabbat thing on Fridays and sing lots of nice songs!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ang,
Glad that the Y is going good. Sorry to hear about Ryan's ear infection.

I'm glad you liked your first yoga class. You always were super flexible:) I bet it's a nice relaxing time for you.

Good luck w/your wl goals!