He CRAWLED! Ryan crawled....the first time was this weekend, and like most physical firsts, it was purely accidental. He was playing on his belly and wanted to get to a toy, so as usual, he pushed up with his upper body (into a mini-pushup), and then got up on his feet too. Then he shifted his weight off one foot and accidentally propelled forward and dropped to his knees and went forward again. It was priceless and you could see on his face that he had done something big and was surprised as well - and had no clue how to reproduce it. He tried all sorts of things to do it again, but nothing worked for him. He has since done similar 'accidents' over the past few days, but nothing intentional yet...I have no doubt that he will be doing it purposefully within a month if not sooner...I can't believe he is only 7 months and trying to crawl!!
No signs of teeth yet and his head is still very similar (in feel at least) to a peach, with all that soft baby fuzz. He is getting so much more intereactive now though. He is reaching out for people to pick him up and pumping his legs when he is excited...and the intensity with which he plays is so adorable - and EVERYTHING makes it into his mouth - even my nose! We have to be really careful with him now since he rolls over so easily and in seconds can backwards on his tummy. Still has his round face and head and piercing blue eyes and is just as loving as his big brother. We have also moved him into his crib (he was in the co-sleeper still), but he is doing well in the crib where he has more room. He is still waking up once or twice at night, but is doing much better with eating his solids, and we are about to introduce some really soft table foods as he is really good at gumming things and really prefers the more solid foods. I think we are doing ok on the formula front - partially thanks to all the advise I received - THANKS! He is only getting about 2-3 oz a day as needed and mainly when we are out. Since we are using so little right now, I am sticking to the ready-to-feed and bought one of the plastic things that holds a premeasured serving of powder that I can mix with a bottle of water when needed - both are great for out-and-about feeding.
This week has been pretty uneventful (well in our household at least - I have lots of family and friend bad news to report, but I will use a separate post for that) - we needed a low-key week before our routine changes wtih work next week. My mom was here on Monday, and I had a dr apt. Yesterday, we played at home all day, and I got lots of things done (laundry, etc.)...today, Ethan is at school. We are actually going to the zoo tomorrow with our friends Carla and Benjamin and soon-to-be new friends Kristy (Carla's friend) and her twins Sabrina and Sebastian and possibly others - should be lots of fun and the weather is suppose to be amazing - in the 70's! Not sure if Grandy and Oupa will be making their weekly visit on Thursday given the family issues (see other post). David is taking off work on Thursday and Friday to complete his Accounting take-home exam (it is 45% of his grade); it is due early next week, but David has to finish it and turn it in before he leaves for his kick-off trip on Saturday...Don't remember if I have posted about that or not yet, but Cognos has an annual fiscal year kick-off to sum up the previous year and start the next...the event is always over a long weekend, and this year it is in Dallas again - this is David's 6th one if I am not mistaken!
We have to make a decision about next years preschool soon (today actually)...the options are Ethan three days or two days (still just mornings) or Ethan and Ryan (Ryan can only go 2 days). Also, we have the option of staying at TKE or moving to the JCC which is closer to work and home. Right now, we have decided to move to the JCC and only send Ethan to the two day program (T and Th). Not really looking at academics yet and both programs and teachers are wonderful, our main decision points are on location/convenience and cost. It is a tough decision, but I keep telling myself that it is only preschool...how am I going to make educational decisions as they get older!!!
My mom is coming to stay with the boys and I for the weekend since David will be gone to Dallas. I am almost finished recovering the kitchen chairs - got two of eight remaining plus one to fix. Finally got my light bulbs changed in the foyer today; we got 5 year bulbs so with any luck at all it will be a long time before they need replacing again! Also, heard back about our infested bar this morning. The builder is going to buy it back from us at their cost which we certainly can't replace it for the amount, but we are pretty happy with it considering we no longer have an infested bar on our hands!
No comments:
Post a Comment