I REALLY want to get in shape, get healthy, and actully lose a lot of weight in 2006 and beyond. I am certianly not one of those people who can say that I want to get back to my nice pre-baby or youthful size unless I am referring to my size as a 10 year old :) So, now that I am geting older and have had two babies I want to get to the best me ever. I want to make this one of my primary focuses of the year both for myself and for the boys; afterall, David and I are their primary role models, like it or not.
So, to that end, I wanted to join the YMCA near our house because to be able to work out consistently I need good childcare. My only concern was adding yet another item to our monthly budget especially while David is in school. I went for a tour and not only loved it, but got offered a job in the nursery. I have since discovered that if you work at the Y, then your membership is FREE and they waive the big joiner fee as well. So, I now work at the Y...well, not officially until March 6th, but unofficially!
It should work out well, I will just work 8-10 hours a week in the mornings (probably 2 a week), and I get to take the boys with me to the nursery - it will basically seem like a long playdate for them and me. Not only do I get paid a nice hourly rate (which is definitely nice but not at all the reason I am doing it), but I get my membership and joiner fees free, I get to know the nursery moms really well and get to transition the boys to the new environment! It should work out really well! This will allow me to work out almost everyday and with no excuses.
Just wanted to share my goal with you all so that you can share my journey, and I will be more accountable. I have [gulp!] about 50-60lbs to lose! I know it will take a while, and I am fine with that, any loss is a change for the better.
Wish me luck - I need it!
3 comments:
wow - good for you (both with the job and the losing weight thing. I fully commend you doing it the best way - working out, not the South Beach diet like someone we know...
I agree with Lynne - I have no doubt that you will be able to do it.
Keep us posted.
That's great about the Y! Sounds like a perfect fit.
Post a Comment