Sunday, January 01, 2006

Welcome 2006

Happy New Year to you all! May this be the best year yet for all of us!

We celebrated last night by having an impromtu dinner at a local Hibachi place with two other families, the Whitehursts (Kristy, Rob and Lauren) and the Moores (Michelle, Mike, Maddie, and Jake). Dinner was great - early and quick. We then came back to our house to hang out and play - the men played poker and the kids played, well they played everything. Everyone headed home around 10:30 - we were not really expecting to make it to the 'official' 2006 moment. We got the boys a bath and put them to bed, and I think I made it to 11:30pm before falling asleep (after calling my mom as I do every year without fail to wish her a happy new year) - and if I am not mistaken, David was still watching football - not sure if he made it to midnight or not...nevertheless, I did get to celebrate 2006 at ~2am when Ryan got me up - and again at 4am with Ryan...and again at 5 am with Ethan...and again, well I lost count but you get the picture.

Today, on the first day of 2006, I hope to get a nap - HAHA! Catch up on laundry and get some small projects done at home before David is back to work and in school - wish us luck!

Enjoy your first day of 2006 - and hopefully EVERY day for the rest of the year - and enjoy a few photos that I managed to take last night and this morning.

Oh, and just in time for the new year - we are all [almost] fully recovered from our colds - yeah - just hoping we can stay healthy.

No comments: