Ethan is finally back to school today after all the holidays, and I think he was as excited as I was. He enjoys school so much and has been asking to go. He is even telling us stories about his classmates - too cute. We sent him back to school looking like he was in a bar brawl with scrapes and bruises on his face - last night he scratched above his eye when he walked into the corner of my desk, and yesterday he got a little scratch (surface only) on his cheek from playing with Taffy, my parent's dog, and this weekend, the worst of the injuries - he busted his top lip when he hit it onto he edge of the table - it bled, became swollen, and bruised badly (he looked like Angelina Jolie for a while). Poor guy, he is such a trooper, just a bit accident-prone lately. David says to get use to it with two boys, but I think it will always make my heart stop when I see one of them hurt!
David will be in class for the first time this weekend - Friday and Saturday...Should be fun for him! The boys and I are still looking for fun ways to spend our extra time. Let us know if you have suggestions!
So, my favorite website this week is the Fair Tax site. A brilliant tax replacement proposal that is fair for everyone and very common sense - both oxymorons when used in the same breath as government (fair and common sense), but a girl can dream right. Check it out if you have some time and if you like what you see - get behind it - together we can make it happen - for our future's sake.
Back to lighter topics - have I mentioned that I LOVE the public library system in Cobb County? First of all, we have a branch library very nearby so it is super convenient. Additionally, they have a FREE weekly story time for Ethan that we have signed up for. They also have FREE audio books that you can download from the internet and then put on your ipod. They also have a system online where you can find any materials and reserve them, and they will then get those materials even from another library and have them waiting at the library's front desk for check out (they email you when they are ready)! ALL this is FREE! Needless to say, I am using all these services!
So, with Ethan back in school and Ryan cooperating, I was able to actually get in a good workout AND a shower today! YEAH! Let's hope that holds out as one of my goals for the year it to get into shape! I have actually joined the Discovery Health's Body Challenge for 2006. Hopefully, it will be a good kickstart for my goal.
Ryan is eating solids well now - he has had rice cereal, peaches, apple, banana and sweet potato. He is also drinking water from his sippy cup like a champ. He is sitting very well and balancing well too; he still falls over when he forgets and reaches too far for something he wants - and he wants to get his hands on EVERYTHING in sight - very much the explorer.
In my sparetime :) I have been working to create a family tree. I think that it will be invaluable to have and the best gift that I can give our families and the boys and all future generations. I found some great FREE software online that makes it easier, but it is still a huge task and I am pacing myself.
Oh, almost forgot, I managed to get a haircut yesterday - no small accomplishment! It has been ~4 months now, so I was over due...I love it. My mom was here for the day, so she watched the boys.
No comments:
Post a Comment